I’ve been trying the gluten-free thing the last few days (bit of a challenge!), so I decided to try my hand at making some gluten free Rice Krispie treats (though, to be totally honest, I didn’t actually use Rice Krispies). Apparently, Kellogg does make GF Rice Krispies, but I was unable to find any at my local Albertson’s or Whole Foods. So I used Nature’s Path Organic Envirokidz Chocolate Koala Crisp (man, what a mouthful — there’s a picture below), GF marshmallows, butter and GF peanut butter. These are almost organic, but not quite. (The butter and peanut butter were plain old, plain old.)
- 3-4 Tbsp. butter
- 4-5 cups mini GF marshmallows
- 6-7 cups GF chocolate rice crisps
- 2 big spoonfuls of GF peanut butter
- Melt the butter on low heat, stirring.
- Put in all of the marshmallows, and continue to stir until they are all melted.
View original post 143 more words